Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Prepare for the Apocalypse

Now we know why Christmas is now X-Mas. Jesus has more important things to do.

In a Washington Post article on the president's secular holiday card (Why didn't I get one?), Rev. Bob Edgar, general secretary for the National Council on Churches, explains: "I think it's more important to put Christ back into our war planning than into our Christmas cards." Apparently, in the search for a plausible strategy for victory in Iraq, the son of god has been recruited as a consultant.

Why didn't anybody think of this earlier?

2 Comments:

Blogger Impatient Patient said...

Well..

I know this is an old post, but wow. My Jesus he kicks ass, he kicks ass so fine. His ass kickings wonderful, it's just so sublime. My Jesus he hates you, he hates you so bad. So don't piss him off it just makes him so mad.

(sung to the tune of My Jesus I Love Thee. )

Wed Mar 22, 11:27:00 PM EST  
Blogger Tim Kanwar said...

Kudos to you for going all the way back to the very first post to dig this one up. Still makes me laugh.

And you know what? We've gone another three and a half months, and we're still mired in Iraq. Obviously Bush and Rummy didn't listen to the good reverend Bob Edgar, otherwise Jesus would've been kickin asses all over Iraq.

I'm not sure which asses those would be, but still...

Thu Mar 23, 12:32:00 AM EST  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home